oneworld Adds More Benefits for Top Tier Frequent Flyers
31 January 2013 : oneworld® today unveiled two more benefits for the most regular customers of its member airlines, as part of its strategy of positioning itself as the first choice airline alliance for frequent international travelers.
From midnight tonight, frequent flyer cardholders with oneworld Emerald status will be entitled to:
- An extra checked baggage allowance, above the standard limit for the cabin class in which they are traveling – either one additional item where the piece concept applies, or an extra 20 kg (44 lbs) where the weight concept applies – when they fly on any oneworld member airline.
- Use fast track lanes through security when flying from select key airports worldwide on select oneworld member airlines.
These new benefits are in addition to those already offered to frequent flyers with oneworld Emerald status when flying on any oneworld member airline in any class, including:
- Earning mileage rewards and tier status points.
- Access to First Class or Business Class lounges on departure, accompanied by a guest. oneworld is the only alliance to offer top tier frequent flyers access to First Class lounges when they are not booked to travel in the First Class cabin.
- Ability to check-in at First Class or Business Class desks.
- Priority boarding.
- Priority on waitlists and when on standby if a flight is fully booked.
- Access to preferred and pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight.
Emerald is the highest status in the oneworld frequent flyer programme. It is held by:
- airberlin topbonus Platinum cardholders.
- American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum.
- British Airways Executive Club Gold.
- Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Diamond.
- Finnair Plus Platinum.
- Iberia Plus Platinum.
- Japan Airlines Mileage Bank (JMB) Diamond and JAL Global Club (JGC) Premier.
- LAN’s LANPASS Comodoro.
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich Platinum, from midnight tonight.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum One and Platinum.
- Royal Jordanian Royal Plus Platinum.
- S7 Priority Platinum.
oneworld Chief Executive Bruce Ashby said: “oneworld aims to be the first choice airline alliance for regular international travellers. Our frequent flyer benefits – which we believe are the most compelling offered by any airline alliance – provide them with the highest levels of recognition, services and benefits when they need to travel beyond their home airline’s own network.”
The introduction of these new benefits coincides with the addition of Malaysia Airlines, one of Asia’s leading carriers, to oneworld. From midnight tonight, the 2 million members of its Enrich loyalty programme will enjoy oneworld’s frequent flyer services and benefits whenever they fly with any oneworld partner airline – airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and some 30 affiliated airlines – to any of the 850 destinations they serve worldwide.
This includes earning and redeeming mileage awards and earning tier status points when flying with all these airlines. (See notes below)
Enrich Platinum cardholders will have Emerald status in the oneworld programme. Enrich Gold will be equivalent to oneworld Sapphire and Enrich Silver will be oneworld Ruby.
From midnight tonight, Enrich Platinum and Gold cardholders will be able to use any of the 550 airport lounges worldwide offered by oneworld member airlines whenever they fly with any of the alliance’s carriers. (See notes below)
At the same time, the 125 million members of the established oneworld airlines’ frequent flyer programmes will be able to earn and redeem awards and tier status points and receive all other oneworld benefits when flying Malaysia Airlines. (See notes below)
With the two new enhancements announced today, these are the benefits offered to oneworld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby cardholders in any oneworld member airline’s frequent flyer programme when flying in any cabin class on any oneworld member airline:
Fast track is available at select airports. See oneworld.com for details of both new benefits.
Because of an impending upgrade to LAN’s frequent flyer information technology system, members of Malaysia Airlines' Enrich and LAN's LANPASS programmes will experience reciprocal frequent flyer rewards and benefits when flying on each other's airlines from 1 April 2013.