Terms and conditions
- Enrolment is open to full-time students above 12 years of age with minimum study balance of 6 months from date of application, attending a government recognised and accredited school of higher learning in Malaysia or abroad.
- Part-time students or participants attending courses/seminars whilst at the same time working full time are not eligible to apply for membership.
- Membership fee is non-refundable if an applicant has less than 6 months study balance and/or has given false information at time of application.
- Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to approve or reject any application and determine the validity of a GRADS card.
- Upon approval, Malaysia Airlines will mail the GRADS card to the applicant’s mailing address. Malaysia Airlines will not be responsible for the loss of the GRADS card or Money Order/Bank Draft through the mail.
- In case of abuse or misuse of the card’s facilities and privileges, Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to confiscate the card and charge the fare to you accordingly. GRADS privileges are extended at the GRADS Partner’s participating outlet/s only.
- Enrolment fee - MYR 30 for applications in Malaysia or USD 20 for applications outside Malaysia.
- Documents required - copy of Identity Card or Passport/Copy of Student ID/Matric Card or Acceptance Letter.
- Forms of payment - in Malaysia: Cash/Credit Card/Charge Card/Money Order/Bank Draft payable to "MALAYSIAN AIRLINE SYSTEM BERHAD”. Outside Malaysia: Cash/Credit or Charge Card ONLY.
- Validity of membership is on a yearly renewal basis.
- For lost or stolen cards, the replacement fee is MYR 30 (within Malaysia) or USD 20 (outside Malaysia). Replacement of GRADS cards will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks after receipt of replacement request.
- Applications that are duly completed can be mailed or hand delivered to any of the Malaysia Airlines GRADS Customer Service Centres.
- All GRADS members book and travel on below RBD are eligible for 10kg excess baggage and also Enrich Miles:
Y/B/H - 125%
K/M - 100%
L/V/S - 70%
N/Q/O - 50%
However, below Economy classes are not eligible for 10kg excess baggage and Enrich Miles effective 3 Oct 2011:
E/X/G - 0%