Special meal requests
Hindu Meal (HNML)
- For passengers wishing to follow Hindu customs.
- This is a non-vegetarian meal which does not contain any beef, veal, pork or raw/smoked fish.
- However, lamb, poultry, fish and milk products may be used.
- If you require a vegetarian Hindu meal, a request for AVML should be made.
Muslim Meal (MOML)
- All foods served on Malaysia Airlines is halal.
- The use of alcohol, pork and pig by-products in cooking is prohibited.
- Meat such as beef, lamb and chicken are slaughtered according to Muslim rites.
Kosher Meal (KSML)
- Kosher meals conform to Jewish religious laws.
- Our Kosher Meals are prepared and packed by Kosher-certified manufacturers.
- KSML is not available on certain flights from India, Middle East, Taiwan and ASEAN.
Bland Meal (BLML)
- For passengers suffering from stomach or gastrointestinal problems.
- This meal does not contain highly seasoned and fried foods.
Diabetic Meal (DBML)
- For diabetic passengers.
- This meal does not have added sugars.
Gluten Intolerant Meal (GFML)
- For gluten intolerant passengers unable to consume foods which contain gluten.
- May contain meat, poultry, fish, rice, potato and dairy products.
Low Calorie Meal (LCML)
- For passengers wishing to follow a calorie-restricted diet.
- May have increased complex carbohydrates, high fibre and low fat.
Low Fat Meal (LFML)
- For passengers wishing to follow a fat-restricted diet.
- This meal is prepared using lean cuts of meat, poultry or fish, low fat dairy products and is low in saturated fatty acids.
Low Lactose Meal (NLML)
- For lactose-intolerant passengers.
- Dairy products are not used during meal preparation.
Low Salt Meal (LSML)
- For passengers wishing to follow a sodium-restricted diet.
- This meal does not have added salt.
Vegetarian Vegan Meal (VGML)
- For passengers on a strict vegan diet.
- It does not contain any products from animal sources, dairy, eggs, honey, onion and garlic.
Vegetarian Lacto-Ovo Meal (VLML)
- For passengers on a vegetarian diet.
- It does not contain meat, fish, poultry.
- However, dairy and eggs may be used.
Vegetarian Hindu Meal (AVML)
- For passengers who require a Hindu vegetarian diet.
- It is a spicy vegetarian meal with limited use of dairy products.
- It does not contain meat, poultry, fish and eggs.
Vegetarian Oriental Meal (VOML)
- This is a vegetarian meal prepared in the Chinese or Oriental style.
- It does not contain any products from animal sources, dairy, eggs, onion and garlic.
Vegetarian Jain Meal (VJML)
- For passengers on a strict Jain vegetarian diet.
- This meal is prepared Indian style and according to Jain customs.
- It does not contain any products from animal sources, dairy, eggs, and root/bulbous vegetables.
Fruit Platter Meal (FPML)
- For passengers wishing to eat a meal with no additives/preservatives.
- This meal is prepared from fruits only.
Vegetarian Raw Meal (RVML)
- For raw vegetable vegetarians.
- This meal is a combination of raw fruit and vegetables only.
Child Meal (CHML)
- For children between 2 to 12 years old.
- The meal is a combination of easy to chew foods as well as several food items in individual wrappings.
Baby Meal (BBML)
- For children up to 2 years old.
- Commercially prepared baby foods are usually boarded with choices of vegetables or fruits.
Other special meals
Seafood Meal (SFML)
- Passenger preference.
- This meal may contain fish and/or seafood prepared according to local specifications.
- Does not contain meat or poultry.
Special Meal (SPML)
- For passengers who have other medical or religious requirements not stated in the list above, you may include specific details of ingredients to be avoided.
- For passengers who suffer from allergic reactions to peanuts, more information can be found here
- Kindly check with our Reservations Desk or your nearest Malaysia Airlines office for meal availability.
- Special meals are offered on selected flights only depending on flight duration. These meals must be ordered and confirmed at least 24 hours before flight departure.
- All food served onboard Malaysia Airlines is halal.
- Muslim passengers flying with Malaysia Airlines codeshare partners are advised to request for Muslim Meals (MOML).