Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I apply for GRADS?
If you fit the membership criteria, download and complete the GRADS application form (PDF), then mail it to email@example.com along with (1) a copy of your identity card/passport, (2) a copy of a valid Student ID/Matric Card or Acceptance Letter, and (3) a copy of your payment receipt.
- What documents are required to apply for the GRADS card?
The documents required are:
(1) Copy of identity card or passport
(2) Copy of valid Student ID/Matric Card or Acceptance Letter
- How do I make a payment if I am outside Malaysia? For example, can I make a payment for GRADS in Dubai via bank draft?
The payment of USD 20 can be made at your nearest Malaysia Airlines ticket office. For applications outside Malaysia, only cash, credit or charge cards are accepted.
- How long is the processing period?
Once the application form is received and processed, the welcome pack will be mailed to members within 3 days for local addresses and 10 working days for international addresses.
- How long is my GRADS card valid for?
The card will be valid for one year from the date of application.
- My GRADS card has expired – how can I renew it or is the renewal automatic?
Renewal is not automatic as members have to re-apply. The same application procedures and fee apply.
- Can I apply for the GRADS card if I am living in Los Angeles?
Applications are accepted worldwide. You will need to proceed to the nearest Malaysia Airlines ticket office or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With the GRADS card, I am entitled to 10 kg excess baggage. Does this apply to other airlines and also on connecting flights?
The excess baggage allowance is only applicable on Malaysia Airlines flights.
- I am holding the ISIC (International Student Identity Card) student card. Is this the same as the GRADS card and do I get excess baggage allowance?
The ISIC student card is a separate card and does not entitle you to any extra baggage allowance.
- My card has been lost or stolen – how can I get a replacement?
You will need to re-apply. Fees are MYR 30 (in Malaysia) or USD 20 (outside Malaysia). Replacement of lost/stolen GRADS cards will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks after receipt of replacement request. GRADS card payments are non-refundable and non-transferable and therefore the same application procedures and fees apply.
- If I hold an Enrich Silver/Gold card, I am entitled to 5 kg/50% excess baggage. If I present my GRADS card, do I get an additional 10 kg over and above my free entitlement?
No. You are only entitled to one card privilege at a time. The higher allocation will apply.